Wednesday, May 9, 2012

so...





Lovely  Vintage Silk & Sequins Suit
It is the week of Brimfield! Not that that means much. I love how all the dealers in the area go "oh, isn't business great the week of brimfield" "why aren't you open more hours for brimfield?" "why aren't you at brimfield?" Not that we have been around forever, but out of the almost three years of being open, I have never seen an increase in business, usually it is the opposite, because normal customers are going to Brimfield :-) I don't know I just think it is funny. Actually Brimfield itself is quite absurd in my opinion. Everything is overpriced & a lot of it in shoddy condition (there are exceptions of course.) And most silly, so many of the vendors just scour the area the week before to fill their tents...why don't people just travel here to scour themselves? Or most silly, people asking me if I go to get inventory for my shop. I will admit I do go occasionally, but it's for browsing for very specific items (like kettle corn) & learning & seeing dealer friends.

So, instead of being open more hours I've been doing a bunch of listings on etsy instead. I'm finding it to be more profitable.
Vintage 50s Leopard Print Hat


Went for a walk at the dam last week, before all this rain. Came across various wild flowers that I have no idea what they are. Maybe I will look them up at some point. If not, they are still pretty to look at. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment